What's up with my wipers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

truckintim05

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if this is posted in the right section.

My wipers never stay down at the bottom of the window after making a rotation. They go all the way down at one point, but when they rest they come back up about a quarter of the window. I already replaced the wiper motor pulse board, but that didn't help at all. Any ideas? It just bugs me. Maybe it's normal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eld_2N9O1K8

jrp12357

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
atleast urs work lol. my motor works, but i need to replace the stalk that goes into the column to get my working again as well as my cruise working again.

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That'a not normal, something is obviously worn out. Unfortunately I don't know what. I do know that my gmt400 with 155k doesn't do that the wipers always returned to the correct position. Although I had a jeep cherokee that would do that sometimes but it never bothered me enough to care. Hope someone chimes in and helps you figure out the problem.

CLB BLZR

Reaction score
my wipers are all screwed up like that too ive got a 96 tahoe my 93 fullsize blazer did the same thing too

jrp12357

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
mine do that too, i asked a friend who does technical problems on newer cars and he said its most likely the points in the motor are worn.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey I had this problem with my 97 and literally JUST fixed it... this is what you need
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/pa...mString=search&itemIdentifier=704310_0_0_1678
just remove the 3 screws unplug the plug put the new piece in and reinstall.
look at the back of the motherboard mine was all kinds of corroded

PS (mine did what you have in your video as well as when I would use the mist setting or have the wipers above low they wouldnt turn off until I turned the truck off)

truckintim05

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks to me all they need is adjusted. Take off the wiper cowl, loose 2 bolts (per wiper) on the ball sockets, push the wipers down into normal postion and then retighten the nuts. Shoulds do the trick.