What's this part?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aleebee156

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok bear with me here on this ok, don't be too hard on me ha. I have some tranny oil that's leaking from what appears to be the blue arrow location in the picture. I have minimal tranny knowledge. What is the part with the red arrow?

Any help appreciated!

(First time posting picture from my phone, hoping this works)

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my 5.7L powered iPhone using Tapatalk

aleebee156

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Fluid is pretty red... I'll keep looking into it. Thanks!

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
From there, it's most likely the front pump seal on the trans or a rear main seal or an oil pan gasket on the engine. Unless it's really bad, you may want to live with it.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Mine leaks oil from just about everywhere. I just live with it, keep a piece of cardboard under it and keep the oil topped off.
You know what they say, its not the leaks that you should worry about, its when it stops leaking that you should worry.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
J
Thanks guys. Fluid is pretty red... I'll keep looking into it. Thanks!

Judging by the picture, unless your trans fluid is pretty burnt, it looks more like motor oil. I would guess that the leak is coming from above the starter, valve cover gaskets are pretty common for leaking in the back.