What's the difference-radiators.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
More rows is an old-school brass radiator approach to better cooling. Modern aluminum radiators do a better job with less rows. The core thickness does still matter, but the width and height are where you get the most effectiveness, so long as it fits.
Yeah-the more I actually look at some of the all-aluminium offerings the less I like the outlook. Idea is neat to get rid of the plastic tanks but the execution is another story-the KKS has the least bad opinions of them all(and I checked at least 6 or 7 different brands-some of the summit racing too) however it's build in the same factory as Champion which in short seem to be ****-which means it's probably same welders doing the job from similar materials. And if the can't get "champions"right why would they be any better with kks-unless they try to sabotage one of the brands.
On amercooling I can't find any info apart from the fact,that I found 3 or 4 sellers from San Bernardino CA on ebay selling this radiator-all different names-but all there in San Bern.
Cold Case from Summit Racing-some rather awkward design faults plus nearly twice the price.
And so on,and so forth.
Taking into account that the shipping and taxes will cost me at least another amount I pay for the radiator and alu radiators are way more expensive than plastic/alu I hope you guys are not surprised that I'm so an-al about it as I have to make my decission on data alone-returns are prolly out of question. And not every seller wants to ship abroad too. I appreciate all your input into discussion and I believe it can help even those on your side of the pond as nobody likes to part with money for subquality product.

Last edited:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I was looking at aluminum radiators last summer it seemed there was a lot of reviews saying “worked great for awhile then started leaking”. Spectre Premium so far so good.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I was looking at aluminum radiators last summer it seemed there was a lot of reviews saying “worked great for awhile then started leaking”. Spectre Premium so far so good.
that's exactly what I'm talking about-what's the point in paying for something,that's suppose to outlive original product,that starts leaking after 4 monts. My rad was in the truck prolly for 22 years.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
By the way my 26 year old rad w/plastic tanks is still fine! Only upgraded to duel core for towing.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
By the way my 26 year old rad w/plastic tanks is still fine! Only upgraded to duel core for towing.
Mine has a slight leak at the top engine oil cooler port and possibly one on transmission side. I started looking at denso.

Last edited:

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was trying to google spectra premium all aluminium and I find nothing-all I see are plastic/alu core-you wouldn't remember the model number would you?

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was trying to google spectra premium all aluminium and I find nothing-all I see are plastic/alu core-you wouldn't remember the model number would you?
Sorry, that’s what I meant all along, plastic/aluminum.