What's the BEST Fuel Pressure Tester?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Exactly right. I always borrowed the one from autozone until I did a permanent guage setup. I run right at 12-12.5 at idle and seems to go up a bit when given throttle.

I'm already kicking that idea around. Would love to have a fixated fuel gauge.. would be nice to be able to read it from either inside the cab or under the hood. Or both, lol

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Really no need in the cab, I can just take a look when I pop the hood.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Well, I received the Acron unit today. The fitting installed flawlessly with ease, and the gauge worked great.

The bad news? I only have 2PSI of fuel pressure. :(

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I was hoping maybe the regulator in the TBI was just junk, but at 2PSI, it's not even getting fuel to the TBI.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Time for a pump, ouch. how old is the filter?

I changed the pump and filter about 6 months ago. The pump was one I just pulled out of the yard that looked really new, but the filter was a brand new Delco filter when I changed the pump.

Good thing is the one I pulled from the yard was in really good condition, so I should only need the pump itself, which will be a lot cheaper. And for $6, I'll probably go ahead and get a new filter again anyways. That's always cheap insurance.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score