What's the BEST Fuel Pressure Tester?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Just want to find out what you guys are using for pressure testers, and what you've found to be the best.

While I have a TBI, I don't want to buy a new pressure tester JUST for the TBI. I've heard a lot of guys saying good things about this.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/ac...ressure-tester/_/N-255s?itemIdentifier=232719

I'm assuming you could use that gauge on all kinds of fuel systems if you have the right block/adapter? Also, I've heard talk of there being an adapter block for the TBI engines that goes where the fuel filter is, but I haven't been able to find it. Any help? And lastly, the Chilton's manual says to install a shut off on the return line to check and make sure it's not the regulator. Does anyone make a special shut off that goes right at the fuel line by the TB or am I going to have to plum one into the low soft line under the truck, or is there another way to go about it?

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those are about as good as it gets, I have only ever heard good things about the brand and that kit. I know there is all kinds of adapters to be had, you can test the fuel pressure at the filter or the shrader valve setup that goes inline right at the TBI.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Get the actron with tbi adaptor. Found one on ebay for 30 bucks brand new threads right into the Fbi and you can still use the actron unit on any vehicle equipped with a schrader ill get a p/n when I get back from the shop

heavychevy98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Get the actron with tbi adaptor. Found one on ebay for 30 bucks brand new threads right into the Fbi and you can still use the actron unit on any vehicle equipped with a schrader ill get a p/n when I get back from the shop
Im gonna go out on a limb here and assume you didnt click on the link. . . .

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Actually ended up getting the one from Ebay.

So now on still wondering about a shut off on the return line.

~Via Mobile \,,/

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
So this Actron unit can test both TBI & Vortec fuel psi?
With the same adapter? or am I missing something :D

It can test anything with a schrader valve. The part number given is the kit that comes with a schrader valve for the TBI trucks. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Vortec trucks have a shrader valve built right into them.

Edit: For future reference if anyone checks out this thread down the line...

PN: Actron CP7817 (This does as is described above)

For anyone looking to get one at the current time, this is the exact one I've ordered. It's the lowest price on the web. Item is BNIB and seller has good feedback. http://www.ebay.com/itm/GM-TBI-Fuel..._Automotive_Tools&hash=item51ae527270&vxp=mtr

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Exactly right. I always borrowed the one from autozone until I did a permanent guage setup. I run right at 12-12.5 at idle and seems to go up a bit when given throttle.