What Type Of Bulb Is This ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fredridge

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah, I just got the catalog, which gave me the idea for a clear cover

I didn't see this covered, but what bulb is in the reading lights of the overhead console?

Looks like you all figured the bulbs out but as for that clear cover, check this out.

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cd/full.aspx?Page=67

Fits just like the original. LMC also has the LED festoon map light bulbs but they're considerably more expensive than what's been linked to in here.

TXDIRT67

Reaction score
Thanks alot.
But is there a bulb number also like 194 or 1156 ?

I believe the number is 211-2 for the map light. At least that is what my book says. Like the others have said, it is a rigid loop festoon. I accidently just ordered regular festoon bulbs, and here is how I made them work. I ordered 5050 X 9 LED bulbs, put a soldering iron to the end caps and they came right off. I then used the leads from a resister (any wire would do) and soldered loops on the ends. They worked great!

You must be registered for see images attach

There were even holes already on the circuit boards for the wires. I just stuck the wire in and soldered.
You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I believe the number is 211-2 for the map light. At least that is what my book says. Like the others have said, it is a rigid loop festoon.

Actually that 211-2 is the standard festoon that goes in the main dome light, not the rigid loop festoons for the map lights. Not sure there really is a standardized part number for those.

EDIT:

I didn't see this covered, but what bulb is in the reading lights of the overhead console?

I believe those are 194. If replacing them with LED be prepared to file a little bit of plastic off of the housings, IIRC the square LED bulbs have a tiny clearance problem in there.

Fredridge

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I messed up the lens on mine trying to get it off. I think it was glued on and won't go back on.

worse, I couldn't get the bulb out

Actually that 211-2 is the standard festoon that goes in the main dome light, not the rigid loop festoons for the map lights. Not sure there really is a standardized part number for those.

EDIT:

I believe those are 194. If replacing them with LED be prepared to file a little bit of plastic off of the housings, IIRC the square LED bulbs have a tiny clearance problem in there.

TXDIRT67

Reaction score

EDIT:

Yeah, you may be right, my book only listed one number. I guess they figured the map lights would never burn out.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think I messed up the lens on mine trying to get it off. I think it was glued on and won't go back on.

worse, I couldn't get the bulb out

Which ones are you talking about? If it's the adjustable angle lights in the overhead console then you just push up and turn, the entire plastic housing will drop out of the hole.

Reaction score
Go to www.sylvania.com

Under the tools and resource tab click on automotive replacement guide and put your vehicle info in. It will give you all the bulb numbers that vehicle takes and the locations of each bulb.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Go to www.sylvania.com

Under the tools and resource tab click on automotive replacement guide and put your vehicle info in. It will give you all the bulb numbers that vehicle takes and the locations of each bulb.

Good info. I use this guide all the time.