What to use in the space after removing factory radio?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ed Tyler

Reaction score
I am in the process if redoing a a 88 c1500 and have completely removed the old dash cluster and put in all Autometer gauges and removed the old radio. I replaced the main radio in the dash with a new Pioneer deck and put in the Metra "box" in the spot where the old radio controls were in the dash above the climate controls. Now there is just an empty bin in that area. It fills the spot but doesn't look nice. What is something that can be put there? I have thought about switches but cant decide.

Jglew82

I fix stuff
Reaction score
Most people seem to leave it blank for storage, but I plan on putting my wideband meter in that spot when I eventually upgrade my radio. Lot's of options, so really it's whatever you want to do. It's a very convenient spot for switches and gauges.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Dunno about Metra but the AMI cubby has a lip at the bottom that keeps stuff from sliding out. It held the remote for my Pioneer stereo just great, and still had room for me to mount a pair of AutoMeter gauges - transmission temperature, and vacuum/boost.

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard