What stereo am I looking for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Treble

Reaction score
We've seen it before, who has an image

The vents above the single din deleted in order to install a double din

unruhjonny

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like Pioneer radios, I've had some great results from them, and they have proven to be o f top notch quality for me.
My pet peeve about them right now is the extra modules you have to buy to make features work.

I have a double din Pioneer that looks like a dead ringer for that 8500nex, but I'd have to dig it out to confirm;
I pulled it from a 2009 Cobalt SS that I am putting back to stock, and it has maybe four modules, of which navigation is not one of them.
I looked into it, and it would be several hundred dollars just to buy the navigation module...

@emccomas57 - I'd honestly suggest you stay away from off brand stereos unless you want to be buying replacements in short order... they might look nice, and function well for a short while, but the big names have proven themselves to be solid investments - if aftermarket stereos are your thing.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is what I have in my 99 Suburban.
Does everything that the OP asked for & then some.

You must be registered for see images attach

kenn7792

Reaction score
This is what I have in my 99 Suburban.
Does everything that the OP asked for & then some.

I run with a pioneer 1550nex

stratton

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, I think I found it..

Boss BN965BLC

I also got a Metra double din dash installation kit.

This is all going into a 1992 C1500 2WD Silverado regular cab truck that has been in my friend's family since 1995. His dad bought it, then my friend got it when his dad passed away in 2001, now it is the first vehicle for his just turned 16 year old son.

Truck is undergoing a major resurrection (Not a frame off restoration, but close to it).

It is a factory 305, automatic. Truck has 170K miles, new transmission, new timing chain, new major tune up (engine is solid with great compression readings across the board).

Engine got a Holley Sniper installed with aluminum intake (because the restorer had one available cheap), new black paint (bed was removed), new weather stripping, new sliding rear window (did not have one originally), new front and rear suspension, new front disc brakes, restored original wheels, major interior refinish (to include the new stereo), new lights all around, new grill, new emblems.

It will be awesome, but it has turned out to be a chore to get all of this done.

you could do this in factory location. the pic is kicker 10 , its the same size as the newer model in the link

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_20646KMC5/Kicker-46KMC5.html