Double Din insert 88-94

Would you like a double din insert for 88-94 dash?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4player

Wookie Wagon
Reaction score
I am going to be making more of the inserts I made for my 1994 Blazer. I am looking for interest in them and wondering how many people would want something like this?

My system keeps the vents and keeps them working. Most inserts out there that replace the single din insert do away with the vents, mine does not. Everything works.

There are 3 cuts to be made to the dash and 2 to the vent duct work. Those cuts are all behind the insert and cannot be seen with the factory insert nor the one I build.

I will include with the insert all the instructions on how to install the radio and modify the dash and vent duct work to get a large double din radio in.

I am going to charge $150 for the inserts. They take time to make and use up a lot of materials. It takes 2 to 3 regular inserts to make 1 double din insert.....plus misc. parts and about 5 to 8 hours of labor and time.

How many of you out there with 88-94 square dashes are interested?

You must be registered for see images attach

4player

Wookie Wagon
Reaction score
The picture above is my first attempt, a prototype if you will. It took me over $75 in parts and over a month to build. The ones I will be selling will be slightly different and better I hope.

87sheerips

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am going to be making more of the inserts I made for my 1994 Blazer. I am looking for interest in them and wondering how many people would want something like this?

My system keeps the vents and keeps them working. Most inserts out there that replace the single din insert do away with the vents, mine does not. Everything works.

There are 3 cuts to be made to the dash and 2 to the vent duct work. Those cuts are all behind the insert and cannot be seen with the factory insert nor the one I build.

I will include with the insert all the instructions on how to install the radio and modify the dash and vent duct work to get a large double din radio in.

I am going to charge $150 for the inserts. They take time to make and use up a lot of materials. It takes 2 to 3 regular inserts to make 1 double din insert.....plus misc. parts and about 5 to 8 hours of labor and time.

How many of you out there with 88-94 square dashes are interested?

You must be registered for see images attach

I'll take one

4player

Wookie Wagon
Reaction score
thank you, I have about 5 people that want one. I was hoping for more but that may come yet.

Xanatost

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks good. Have you tried posting on different chevy fourms. I'm trying to talk my wife into letting me find and get a obs stepside truck truck and make it into my hot rod. If so it's good to know I can go with the older one and not have to stick with the single dinn radios.

How is the fit with a standard.?