Double din air vent cutout.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Extrawubbs

Reaction score
I ordered a double din but i dont really like how low it will be if i get the plastic cover/holder thingy. Would it be hard to just cut a big ass hole in that plastic part and just remove the air vents? Would i have any issues?

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
do not know if any here has done that most people use the dash kit or make their own if they are skilled enough to do so you have to remember that just because it is mounted kind of low it is also slight angled up both single din and double din kits for 88-94 are that way

hopefully some one that knows more will reply

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
88-94 but i was just wondering if anyone else put the head unit where the air vents are instead of below them
I have my double-DIN kit sitting with the rest of the interior stuff that'll got into Roscoe once I get other projects out of the way. I haven't actually installed one yet.

RacerM95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have both ways to do it, the single din looks nicer (kinda limited to features though) The Double DIN takes a fair amount of surgery to get in. If you have factory cup holders they have to go.
View attachment 365827