What part is this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

QuickOrange

Reaction score
Sorry, no pic right now, but it's on the back of the block, just behind the intake. It comes up out of the block and has an electrical plug of some sort. I'm guessing a sending unit for something. It has oil on/around it, and I want to make sure it's not leaking, whatever it is.

If this is too vague, let me know and I'll put up a pic.

EDIT: It's the circled green part, but not the fuel line.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

QuickOrange

Reaction score
I took it on a tiny camera :D

Actually, if you click it, it'll go full size which is about 600x800. Its actual size was waaaay to big.

Thanks for the info. Since my oil pressure gauge reads wonky, I think I'll replace it and hope for the best.

Last edited:

QuickOrange

Reaction score
As I shop for this, I'm noticing that the switch (as all the parts stores call it) seems to screw onto the stalk that comes out of the engine. Is there a way to check this stalk and make sure that its o rings or gaskets (whatever it uses) are sealing properly?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you are are talking about the brass elbow that the oil press. sender screws in to, when you change the sender unscrew the elbow clean the threads in the block and on the elbow, and either put some thread sealant on them or use RTV, I use RTV all the time on those, but whatever you put on it, leave about a 1/64 th of the tip uncovered, because if you seal it to the point where the sender doesn't receive a ground throught the elbow it won't work at all. Also if you use RTV let it cure before you start the engine.