What NOT to do!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTspacez

Reaction score
The rear view mirror on my S10 fell off and I bought some of that special adhesive and glued it back on. It lasted a couple of days and after hitting a pothole it fell off again. I re-glued it, taking special care to clean the windshield and follow the instructions. Unfortunately, I didn't mark the correct spot and the mirror is way too low, When I'm sitting in a normal position I have a perfect view of the bed. I have to scrunch down to see the traffic. I took a heat gun and tried warming the windshirled, in order to get it off. This was a BAD move! I caused a nice long crack in a windshield that's less than two years old. Oh well, when I get it replaced, I can position the mirror where I want it.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Should have just got another mirrior and glued it above haha

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New windshields usually come with the mirror thing already attached. Idk about your state but here in sc the insurance company will replace it for no charge if you have comprehensive coverage.