What mods can $1000 do for a 1998 Vortec 5.7?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
The tow/haul mode is activated when a wire on the 411 pcm is grounded. It can be wired to a switch on the dash. If I remember right it just selects which of the two sets of maps to use. The stock PCM does not have this mode, thus the swap.

The swap also allows for better boost tuning and higher rpm range.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, IF he swaps over the 0411. I think he's still black-box.

-Truckin-

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Bump!!! Wheres our progress report VL. WTF :Angry:hahahah

Yeah really! Been wondering about tuning options myself.

dang, sorry fellas- haha, I almost forgot about this thread- It's ancient!!! This was all before I knew I wanted a suspension lift LMAO

I'll get around to it- once the lift and stuff is taken care of I'll start rolling on to the tuning stuff.

2000CCSB

CrewCab Stalker
Reaction score
Belive it or not I actually pulled this thread up by accident on google started to read it and was like wait a minute I know these guys lol went back to the site and bumped it. So you never did any of the said ideas just went with a lift. I hope your doing an SAS. Hahaha.

CrewCab Steve

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Belive it or not I actually pulled this thread up by accident on google started to read it and was like wait a minute I know these guys lol went back to the site and bumped it. So you never did any of the said ideas just went with a lift. I hope your doing an SAS. Hahaha.

CrewCab Steve

haha, no SAS for me :bawl:

I'll just get a mild lift (6 or so) and get an oobs truck with a solid axle already in it for a mud toy. My perfect arrangment of vehicles would be 4: one nice truck (have) one mud truck (want) one mileage car (need) one 1970 Oldsmobile 442 W-30 package (okay, don't really need at all but would look awesome sitting in the garage!!!! LMAO)

2000CCSB

CrewCab Stalker
Reaction score
Well I got #4 im my garage and a nice truck and a big mud toy now just gotta get me an eco car. Nahh I like spitting fuel on prius's to much hehehe.

CrewCab Steve

2000CCSB

CrewCab Stalker
Reaction score
I know this pic is really fuzzy I took it with my nextel 1.3 mp camera.
But it is in my garage.
You must be registered for see images attach

CrewCab Steve