What have you towed lately

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could go the more expensive route and get a trans pan with a bung already welded in, that's the route I'm going because in addition to a bung and a drain plug, you can get a deep pan to increase fluid capacity.
I also did a deeper aluminum finned pan. No bung though :mad:

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
What would you say average temperature reading difference from pan to test port?
I know it’s skewed a bit between the 2 different trucks, but they are both 4L80’s.

It's skewed a lot. I have trouble staying under 200 degrees loaded in the summer on the dually and the 1500 chills around 160-180. What's even more concerning is how quickly the temp rises in the dually. It climbs FAST with your foot in it and the TCC unlocked. It doesn't fluctuate near as much on the 1500, so you're really being lied to about what's going on by using that test port.

South VA

K2500 454 Long Roof
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

South VA

K2500 454 Long Roof
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After looking at the premade options, I'm thinking I'll get the gauge, A-pillar pod, and bung from AutoMeter, and have my shop weld the bung into the pan.