What have you plasti dipped?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
I know it sounds corny but its looks pretty decent an for $4-500 you can't beat it imo. Getting a car wrapped is over $1k, I was looking into that to because I know I can't afford paint for a while an I'm tired of my truck looking like poo...

oh I know I've had all kinda of thoughts running through my mind from rattle can, rustoleum, rustoleum rolled on (YouTube it, it looks pretty good usually), and plasti dip. the only thing holding me back is I wanna see somebodies ride after a years or two

sent from the c1500 Denali

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I've seen of the roll on rustoleum its a huge pia. This looks a million times easier. But with the rustoleum you can always polish it when it gets looking shabby.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
From what I've seen of the roll on rustoleum its a huge pia. This looks a million times easier. But with the rustoleum you can always polish it when it gets looking shabby.

by pita what do you mean... (I know what pita means) but rolling on some paint seems pretty straight forward

sent from the c1500 Denali

DISTURBINGTHEPEACE

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really don't hurt to paint it Iv'e used both plasti dip in the summer time isn't to good.
You must be registered for see images attach

jtlichty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I dipped my bowtie and corner turn signals/reflectors:

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Grill w/ front bumper

Wheel w/ black and glossifier

Black w/ pearlizer

Just pearlizer

Console trim black w/ pearlizer

Rear bumper

Couple of `Q`s.
Does that pearlizer create that texture, or is that the finish of the plasti-dip? If it's the pearlizer, does that glossifer do the same thing?
Going by the other responses, I would need about 4gals. to do a whole truck. Would I require the same amount of the pearlizer/glossifer?

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
The plasti dip itself is that texture. Rubbery, not rough just rubbery. The pearlizer and glossifier just are other effects. Pearlizer makes it a pearlescent shine, and he glossifier makes it more glossy and shiny rather than the flat. I would imagine you might need 4 gallons of the glossifier if you are doing 4 gallons of dip. Just depends on how much you want to use.

Sent from my Vortec Powered iPhone using Tapatalk

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Couple of `Q`s.
Does that pearlizer create that texture, or is that the finish of the plasti-dip? If it's the pearlizer, does that glossifer do the same thing?
Going by the other responses, I would need about 4gals. to do a whole truck. Would I require the same amount of the pearlizer/glossifer?

I don't think you'd need 4 gals of the pearlizer/glossifier. I think its sprayed after the final coat or mixed into the final coat. Best bet would be to call dip your car or check out their forum...