what gear oil do you run?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blazed

The Blazed One
Reaction score
There is millions of them out there. Any junk yard has them, just look under the back of Chevy's before 87. They are usually pretty cheap, my buddy got one for 90$. I was given a price of 120$.

dans

Reaction score
I thought we use no additives/friction modifiers on the rear.Strait oil or you mess up the locker.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I thought we use no additives/friction modifiers on the rear.Strait oil or you mess up the locker.
Correct, though this is a really old thread, it's got bad info. The factory option is a locker, not a posi, and no additive is used. Per a GM TSB any additives can cause problems with proper operation of the locker.

And let's face it, that Eaton Gov-Loc doesn't need any extra help being a pos. :)

Richard

dans

Reaction score
Richard a lot of your past posts have helped me so I gotta ask you something.My 92 clicks turning only in 4wd on the drivers side.The cv boots are fine.About the throw on a new cv anyways
You ever see the cv click with good boots in 4x4 only?Thanks, Dan.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Richard a lot of your past posts have helped me so I gotta ask you something.My 92 clicks turning only in 4wd on the drivers side.The cv boots are fine.About the throw on a new cv anyways
You ever see the cv click with good boots in 4x4 only?Thanks, Dan.
Your best bet start a new thread with a subject pertaining to the problem and see what answers you get. I know very little about the 4x4's so I can't really help with a possible CV problem, sorry.

Richard