What are these seats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davidfite1978

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know what kind of seats these are? I think I'd like them if I could redo them.
You must be registered for see images attach

davidfite1978

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's the bottom label

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Don't be fooled by some fancy(?) stitching.
Made by a Co. called 'Flexsteel'. Aftermarket seats used in a lot of conversion vehicles, such as for dealership 'Special Models', van conversions, etc.
They are made on the cheap. Some people like 'em. From an upholstery guy's point of view, I don't.
But then I know how they're made & more importantly, what's NOT inside.
Those plastic straps used for large boxes & packages, newspaper bundles(!) & such, is what they use for springs. Yea. Those aren't 'springs'! Lol!
The tubular frames are sorta O.K. Check carefully for cracking at the welds, near any drilled holes & around the bends.
Low grade foam. Crap tracks.
They can be recovered.
Most times I have to start from scratch when recovering which would include some real suspension type springs.
When I get those in the shop, usually everything but the frame & tracks are chucked in the bin.
I'd never do a set for myself. I walk past 'em in the wreckers all the time.
When I hand the total estimate cost to the customer on a set of those, they usually walk away from the seats.
The amount of work to get them 'right', is cost prohibitive for the average consumer. They will not save money over any other seats out there, even if they were free, when it's come to upholstery.
There is better out there worth the investment.

davidfite1978

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. If I strip them down and they are in good shape, where would I even go to find the right size foam/covers for them? I've never attempted any kind of upholstery so not sure where to even start.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
When I redo ones like those, it's all one-off, fabbed by hand as to the customer's desire.
Not sure if Flexsteel is even in biz anymore so off the shelf parts are pretty well non-existent.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. If I strip them down and they are in good shape,
Looking at the present condition of them I don't think it's gonna be an issue.

Man, I've never seen those conversion seats in good condition. Ever. Well, when they were new, maybe.

Richard