What are these for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
Whether or no the unknown wires are a factory job. To install trailer wiring u will need to tap into the yellow(left),Drk green(right), brown(clearance) and Black(ground) wires. If the taped wiring matches those colors cool if not I would tap into the wiring behind the connector. Any parts store will have a trailer harness kit with color matched wire.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Here is what I took out of my 99. It's what most trucks have - flat 4 connector.
You must be registered for see images attach

And all the wires you would need are in that loom, if it's indeed the trailer wiring. If so you'll just have stub wires, nothing else. There is no pre-made plug you can buy. I wired a GMT800 style quick disconnect in with a sealed/molded 4 and 7 combo plug.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Where did you get those parts? I will check the wires tomarrow and see if it is the towing. Walmart sells a lot of harnesses. I don't know which will work or if any will work at all.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Whether or no the unknown wires are a factory job. To install trailer wiring u will need to tap into the yellow(left),Drk green(right), brown(clearance) and Black(ground) wires. If the taped wiring matches those colors cool if not I would tap into the wiring behind the connector. Any parts store will have a trailer harness kit with color matched wire.

I see the yellow and I think the dark green in the pic. It maybe. Does anyone have a pic of their towing setup just so I can see what it all looks like.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Alright. I undid the tape a little and found these wires

I see yellow, a green, a gold on one side white on the other in the middle, blue, and i think a brown or black.... Is this right?

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
What is the process for connecting the harness? would any from autozone or oreilly or even walmaart work?