What are these for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
ok. so splice or solder? same? different? how should I connect the wires?

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
What do I need to solder and heatshrink? Where do I get this stuff?

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
It definitely takes practice to make clean connections consistently. And technique is very important. You'll learn what works and what doesn't. There's lots of tutorials and how-to's on the internet, but one of the most important things to remember is to heat what your soldering, not the solder itself.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Check out how many wires there are in the loom. Either 95 or 96 GM started installing trailer wiring stubs that were sealed and taped, and tied up behind the bumper. There should be parking, LH, RH, parking lamps, ground, backup, 12+ constant, aux (with a taped pigtail by the underhood fuse box for trailer brakes) and a CHMSL lead.

The factory used those 4-wire T and most people do, and wire in a 7 way separate not knowing this set of wires exist. My 99 GMT400 had them, i wired the 7-way up there.

Yes I have seen that on countless truck's and most people never know it's there.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
It definitely takes practice to make clean connections consistently. And technique is very important. You'll learn what works and what doesn't. There's lots of tutorials and how-to's on the internet, but one of the most important things to remember is to heat what your soldering, not the solder itself.

Exactly, the # 1 reason for soldering failures is caused by not heating what you are working on!! Don't ask me how I know!!!