What 4 link

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea I'v done a little research on that and I think I know where I want my instant center. Not a huge deal about the launchin as it will never see the track. What I'm concerned with is it not binding while I DD it. and I'd like it to hook on the street as much as possible.

kevhill85

96 BD Tahoe!!!!
Reaction score
yea I'v done a little research on that and I think I know where I want my instant center. Not a huge deal about the launchin as it will never see the track. What I'm concerned with is it not binding while I DD it. and I'd like it to hook on the street as much as possible.

This is just my IMO...

Launching on the track and street are some time equal at times.the where and what tire you have on at that time make or break you truck.. Street tire do you no good at the track on launching but do it in the street with street tire and you have problem.

All I am saying is that with hp/tq you will be putting to the rear wheel of your truck is some serious power. The KP and ART 4link do not hold up to any major abuse. I have seen a few guys try to find trailer to get there truck home after some good horse playing on the streets. 4000 ibs truck that put dnow some major TQ needs a real 4link I stalled. KP and ART are great for bagged trucks amd stock powered truck. That what they where designed for.

I know the goal is to do it once and right o you don't tear your truck up. Even worst hurt yourself or others when your put having fun.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I will agree that the KP could be a little stronger, but the Ridetech four link that I had was very well built and heavy duty.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll check the ridetech out, that Battle cruiser link from CA Chassisworks looks like a good piece, and affordable. I have a couple questions though. With this setup, I guess I need seperate spring mounts and a panhard bar, I don't think they make the mounts specifically for my truck's rear end. Other than that this thing looks good to go.

You must be registered for see images

I like how its made a crossmember. With this I could just build a cross member that drops under the driveshaft between the frame rails out of 3x2. Pretty simple, then do an upper shock mount and I'd be good to go. Is it really that simple or am I forgetting something, besides setting my PA and IC.

kevhill85

96 BD Tahoe!!!!
Reaction score
I'll check the ridetech out, that Battle cruiser link from CA Chassisworks looks like a good piece, and affordable. I have a couple questions though. With this setup, I guess I need seperate spring mounts and a panhard bar, I don't think they make the mounts specifically for my truck's rear end. Other than that this thing looks good to go.

You must be registered for see images

I like how its made a crossmember. With this I could just build a cross member that drops under the driveshaft between the frame rails out of 3x2. Pretty simple, then do an upper shock mount and I'd be good to go. Is it really that simple or am I forgetting something, besides setting my PA and IC.

This is the same 4link I have bought for my truck. Yes you have to have separate shock mounts..

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How'd you do the crossmember and shock mounts (top and bottom). Got any pics of it?