What 4 link

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I've been researching alot and I need some help. I'm putting everything together for my build this coming summer. It's gonna be a mild BB, heads, cam, intake and a whipple, with a T-56 swap into an eaton diff. Now the suspension. It's 4/2 drop right now and I plan on going 2" more in the front and about an inch or 2 in the rear, still want some rake. My problem is I need to be able to put it to the ground so I'm thinkin a 4 link. I need to move the suspension anyway (bigger tire) so I don't know if the KP bolt in link will work. Also not sure if I need a triangulated 4 link or wishbone link or panhard bar. Whats the best fit for my build. Also it's gonna be static with coilovers. I don't wanna move the tank, but I will if I have to. Sorry about the long post but I figured people would need this info to answer my question.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That looks a little extensive, any 4 link is, but the KP is bolt in. I know it requires the same amount of measuring and some drilling. And I really wanna keep the fuel tank where it is. I don't see that happening though.

kevhill85

96 BD Tahoe!!!!
Reaction score
That looks a little extensive, any 4 link is, but the KP is bolt in. I know it requires the same amount of measuring and some drilling. And I really wanna keep the fuel tank where it is. I don't see that happening though.

When I move my fuel tank to where the spare tire goes. That when I seen the best ride, takeoffs and stops.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just really like the idea of a bolt in suspension too.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would suggest a regular parallel 4 link like the KP one or Ridetech also makes a nice bolt in 4 link for these truck's also, I have owned both. Again for the power and torque that you are going to make I would not want to go with a triangulated type. The ridetech bolt in 4 link is heavier duty than the KP. Take it easy.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would suggest a regular parallel 4 link like the KP one or Ridetech also makes a nice bolt in 4 link for these truck's also, I have owned both. Again for the power and torque that you are going to make I would not want to go with a triangulated type. The ridetech bolt in 4 link is heavier duty than the KP. Take it easy.

So I guess I'll def be going with a parallel 4 link. Do I need a watts link or panhard bar? Whats the differene/ pros & cons of each.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well it really depend's on yur plans for the truck, they both work good depending on your application. When you set up a panhard bar you want the rearend centered at ride height and with a non adjustable suspension I.E. coilover's you will be fine, where as with a 4 link that also has airbag's and is adjustable may move 6-12 inches up and down throughout the suspension's cycling and with a panhard bar and that much suspension travel it can cause a lot of axle sideshift that could cause wheel and fender clearance problem's. With a Watt's link there are 2 bar's on a pivot and there is very little sideshift regardless of how much suspension travel you have whether you have fixed or adjustable suspension. With that said there is nothing wrong with a properly set up panhard bar on non adjustable suspension.