What’s the best 4x6 speaker ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mason916

Reaction score
after i did the entire back of the cab and the roof with sound deadner, I went with the kicker cs all the way around cause i wanted matching speakers all around and i regret it. looking bak i shouldve done a nice set of seprates in the doors a like a 3" mid in the dash and what ever 4x6 in the pillar along with sub wouldve been perfect, for me at least

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly this is true, but IMO it's a lot more expensive to do in a vehicle.
I'm gonna have to disagree with that statement. The company that I contract for does home audio and just the other day they sold a pair of Revel speakers that were $17,000 a pair..... that didn't include the Macintosh amp. Home audio is limitless!

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is all good stuff! Now all I need a a pair of good hearing aides so I could pick up the highs better over my tinnitus. Do they make 6 band equalizer hearing aides? :rolleyes:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to disagree with that statement. The company that I contract for does home audio and just the other day they sold a pair of Revel speakers that were $17,000 a pair..... that didn't include the Macintosh amp. Home audio is limitless!

Good point. Sometimes I forget about the super high end new home gear, I'm still rocking speakers from 1985. :lol:

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is all good stuff! Now all I need a a pair of good hearing aides so I could pick up the highs better over my tinnitus. Do they make 6 band equalizer hearing aides? :rolleyes:
I don't know about all that, but we could do Bluetooth hearing aids and do all the processing you want!!!! Haha

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
...I see people saying that home audio ruined car audio for them..... I say compare apples to apples! Back in the 90s I built probably 100 cars that competed in different classes of USAC and IASCA, with plenty of wins!!! I've built **** that would give you goosebumps and raise your hair!!!! Apples to apples people!

For me, it's not about pitting my stuff against other peoples' and then getting others to judge it via their opinion.

This is an apples to apples comparison, for I am either listening to music in the car or I'm listening to it at home- bottom line is I'm listening to music. I was "ruined" once I got something set up in my living room properly and spent many a night listening & enjoining my music like never before. From then on when I listened in the car, all I noticed was what I wasn't hearing due to the crappy listening position, road, traffic & wind noise and the lack of quality components.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Good point. Sometimes I forget about the super high end new home gear, I'm still rocking speakers from 1985. :lol:

Nothing wrong with that. IMO, they had higher standards for fidelity back then. Just look into any of the monitor speakers JBL made. (Currently ******* after a set of JBL 4435's..) How about all the Klipsch models that are still made today?

McIntosh.. IMO, they're the SubZero of the audio world. Never heard one, just as I've never had a SubZero chill my perishables. I'm willing to listen to one, but my Kenmore keeps my beer nice & cold just as my Adcom GFA-555II's please my ears while driving my XPL200's. Why pay more to achieve a similar result? Let your ears be your guide, not your wallet or the flashy packaging or snob appeal.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For me, it's not about pitting my stuff against other peoples' and then getting others to judge it via their opinion.

This is an apples to apples comparison, for I am either listening to music in the car or I'm listening to it at home- bottom line is I'm listening to music. I was "ruined" once I got something set up in my living room properly and spent many a night listening & enjoining my music like never before. From then on when I listened in the car, all I noticed was what I wasn't hearing due to the crappy listening position, road, traffic & wind noise and the lack of quality components.
Just cause my work WAS compared and judged doesn't make it inferior!!! Don't try to lessen my accomplishments cause its not your cup of tea! Those systems sounded feakin amazing!!

Professional stereo installer 32 years, stage tech and sound engineer 21 years... I've listened to my fair share of music, and I say don't blame your environment for quality short comings. You have to figure it put! GET CREATIVE!! The home is the choice listening environment for fidelity, but also the easiest to create that fidelity in!

Last edited:

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
I didn't say anything about your accomplishments, only that I care not for putting my stuff in front of other people to have them tell me their opinion. A judge is a critic to me, paid for their opinion. People may follow that critic as they may share their opinions. Audio is very subjective, I might keep an opinion or suggestion in mind when making a purchase but ultimately I'd like to listen/experience for myself before I do.

Exactly. Not only is your home the easiest place to create a system with great fidelity, it's also the cheapest and most rewarding. I'm not going to spend over a thousand bucks on a car's system when it can be stolen, smashed or victim to some tragedy. One could argue a house is subject to the similar things, yet I'd counter home insurance is cheaper and tragedy less likely.