Well it is "other".......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kenh

I see nothing I hear nothing
Reaction score
Thats awesome

Thank you. The instrument panel is a total built from scratch. Turned the bezels from aluminum bar stock on my baby lathe. The faces are photos off the interweb reduced to fit. Switches are pop rivets.

Way to much work but I do like the end result. The plane is built off a set of plans and is a copy of the full size version. Hope it looks like this when done. It is an 83 inch wingspan model.
You must be registered for see images attach

kenh

Reaction score
Is the motor functional?

Yes! This will be a Radio Control flying model. The engine will be either a 15cc or 20 cc four stroke engine. My preferred brand is "YS". This brand uses an internal "supercharging" system. I prefer the term "not naturally aspirated". LOL LOL They will make about 30% more power than a naturally aspirated engine of the same size. The secret is a rotary valve driven by the crankshaft. The piston is used as a pump and the rotary valve controls the movement of the air. Usually get 6 to 9 pounds of boost. They burn a mixture of methanol, nitro methane and about 20% oil in the fuel. Some of the larger engines even utilize a mechanical fuel injection system. It is driven by the intake side of the camshaft. It uses a pressure regulator that also uses crankcase pressure to regulate fuel flow. MUCH like our TBI system.

Ken

kenh

Reaction score
One more of the rotary valve and a couple others. The engine pictured is a 20cc engine. About 2 3/4 HP at 9000 RPM

Ken

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
One more of the rotary valve and a couple others. The engine pictured is a 20cc engine. About 2 3/4 HP at 9000 RPM

Ken

That's is so cool. All you need is lights lol

kenh

Reaction score
Lights are in the works! LOL Running lights on the wingtips and the tail are being designed in my head. Not sure about landing lights yet.....

Just looking at that photo of the cylinder head and started to dream how I can unshroud the intake valve.............

Ken

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake rogers