Water spots? Try this!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
So I was tired of trying all of these so called "hard water spot removers" that promised to remove them from my glass. I was at ACE the other day and finally thought it was time to get something that was a bit on the harsher side. I picked up some rust stain remover made by "Whick" and some nitrile gloves. Someone there asked me what I was going to do with it, and I after I told them you would have thought I said I was mixing it in a cocktail. Anyway, THIS STUFF WORKS! Without a doubt, this is the best thing I've ever used to get water spots off with. I've tried everything; CLR, vinegar, bathroom cleaners with acid in them, EVERYTHING. Pick this stuff up, along with some gloves and in about 40 minutes you won't have any spots, period.

I used some shop towels and applied it with those. After the spots are gone just spray your windows with glass cleaner to get the residue off. I didn't want to risk rinsing it off (like the directions say) and risk screwing up my new paint. I took some pics of before and after, but you can't see the spots on the before pic. But trust me, they're gone.

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z368/jth0507/Water spots/RustStainRemover.jpg
http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z368/jth0507/Water spots/DSC_0143.jpg - BEFORE
http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z368/jth0507/Water spots/DSC_0141.jpg - AFTER

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Interesting, I have always used rubbing compound and it work's but I may give that a try.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
These must have been the water spots from hell because nothing would touch them.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've actually heard of that before. Adams make some stuff to take care of it so I'll just use that though. Looks great in the second pic btw.

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
Nice find! I have some badddd water spots, and I live within spitting distance of an ACE so I may have to try this

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
Well I set out to try this since the rear side glass on my Tahoe is riddled with water spots....unfortunately neither Ace nor Lowes carries any form of rust stripper/remover other than a jelly :think::nono:, so I figured I'd try CLR since we successfully use it to get rid of water spots on our shower door. I'll be back with results later haha

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
Is the rust stain remover so harsh you HAVE to wear gloves? If so could it dammage your window moldings?

WPsharpshooter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used purple power to clean the mildew off the truck when I bought it... Man did it jack up my windows... Maybe this would work to clean them back up....