Washed the carpet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Some noses are less sensitive-some more. Of course it's your choice entirely. Let's hope it works for you.
Yeah, hopes and prayers lol. It’s going to be a while before I’m driving it again so I’ll have time for smells to come up. Thanks for the info though, it’s always good to hear others experiences so i can know what to watch out for.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Most auto trim/upholstery shops have jute underlay in stock or they have access via their suppliers.
Comes in 3 thicknesses. The middle one works best. The thin is easy to work with but a waste of time & $$$ for what it does. The thickest can create fitment probs. Fairly inexpensive. $10/yd?
40" wide. Run it from door to door across the floor.
Standard Cab = 4 yards.
Ex.Cab = 6 yards.
C.Cab = 8 yards.
Approx. measurements.
Although, I do use more in a vehicle than either the factory or the aftermarket guys. They stick to the minimum basic standared.
Peel the old stuff off of the carpet. You can use that as a pattern if it's not in too bad of shape. It has a tendency to stretch as it's pulled off. A dull putty knife can be used to gently seperate it from the carpet.
I don't glue the new stuff to the carpet. I'll glue it to the floor first & then replace & glue the carpet on top. Makes the install easier.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
BTW, not the greatest pic but this is after the cleaning. This truck is an old wrecker (has a Sneekerlift under the bed) and did duty loading muddy flood salvage cars in Lousiana, Mississippi, etc. after hurricane Katrina. Once the previous owner had finished his work over there, I bought the truck from him and drove it back to Houston from Gulfport MS. It probably had an extra 200 lbs of mud attached to the frame and underbody, as well as in the interior!

You must be registered for see images attach

Obviously, these are the "after" pics!

Richard

Reaction score
BTW, not the greatest pic but this is after the cleaning. This truck is an old wrecker (has a Sneekerlift under the bed) and did duty loading muddy flood salvage cars in Lousiana, Mississippi, etc. after hurricane Katrina. Once the previous owner had finished his work over there, I bought the truck from him and drove it back to Houston from Gulfport MS. It probably had an extra 200 lbs of mud attached to the frame and underbody, as well as in the interior!

Obviously, these are the "after" pics!

Richard
Looks really good. What engine is in that?

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Since we showing-my 99 Z71. 887 rockcrusher wheels-17". Had to replace the 20" American Racing ones-gave the truck most ridiculous handling ever-would constantly seek tramlines. Now it rides like a dream-funny huh-track width makes all the difference...
If anybody has a wet floor in the back-seal the back door seal to the body-I used tiger seal and works great.

Reaction score
Since we showing-my 99 Z71. 887 rockcrusher wheels-17". Had to replace the 20" American Racing ones-gave the truck most ridiculous handling ever-would constantly seek tramlines. Now it rides like a dream-funny huh-track width makes all the difference...
If anybody has a wet floor in the back-seal the back door seal to the body-I used tiger seal and works great.

That’s a nice color. My mom had a 95 suburban 4x4 back in the day that had a similar color with the silver two tone. I especially like that you’re driving a big American truck in Europe

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That’s a nice color. My mom had a 95 suburban 4x4 back in the day that had a similar color with the silver two tone. I especially like that you’re driving a big American truck in Europe
Thank you-I had many cars but never liked one more than this. And not only big truck in europe-left hooker in right hooker country lol.

Reaction score
Pulled the headliner today. If you have an extended cab with a dome light in the middle there are two screws holding it in under the center part of the light. Two 10mm bolts hold in the “oh ****” handle on the passenger side a pillar and three screws for each sun visor. I already had the rear trim out covering the speakers, they had one screw each side in the coat hanger. I just loosened the upper trim in the roof and pulled the headliner forward instead of removing the trim all together. I’ll post pics when i can to show what I’m talking about. I just need to find some fabric now and get the upholstery adhesive. I’m not going with plane Jane factory style fabric, so it might be a little while before i find exactly what i want. Something like this
in black or royal blue. The sun visors will be covered in the same material.