Wanting to beef up my rear end and raise the front

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ace37

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have a new to me 95 C2500 8lug 10.5" SRW that I'm wanting to use to pull a car hauler and a *smaller* gooseneck trailer. Truck currently has 5+1 leafs in the rear, thinking of c3500 springs or heavier if possible I want a total of 8 springs. What would be the best route for what I'm trying to do, front end and rear end wise? Gonna have more weight on the front too so stiffer/taller coils are welcomed. I don't mind a harsher ride, trying to work.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Leave the OE leaves in place, just add a couple extra leaves to the pack. If you really want that many leaves, you're gonna increase the rear ride height. Make sure you install longer shock absorbers.

2wd SRW 2500 front coils are the same as 2wd SRW 3500 front coils. Engine to engine. Perhaps a 5.7 2500 vs a 6.5 3500 DRW might be different part number, you WONT get a noticable height increase.

Though there might be an aftermarket RV/towing or "HD" application, it's not gonna be listed as a factory 3500 option

Last edited:

Ace37

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Leave the OE leaves in place, just add a couple extra leaves to the pack. If you really want that many leaves, you're gonna increase the rear ride height. Make sure you install longer shock absorbers.

2wd SRW 2500 front coils are the same as 2wd SRW 3500 front coils. Engine to engine. Perhaps a 5.7 2500 vs a 6.5 3500 DRW might be different part number, you WONT get a noticable height increase.

Though there might be an aftermarket RV/towing or "HD" application, it's not gonna be listed as a factory 3500 option
The 3500 rear springs I saw had 8 leafs, that swap wouldn't be better than adding some leaves? And I'm more so looking for just stronger front coils not necessarily taller, will 3500 shock absorbers work?

Ace37

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no such thing as a 4500 GMT400.
The C3500HD, basically a medium duty truck, was front leaf springs
Yea I was thinking of the rear suspension from a medium duty obs, the ones that had the grill vents under the front grill

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Installing extra leaves WILL lift the rear, unless you go to a suspension shop than can de-arch them, to lower the pack.
The rear shocks are gonna be the same. 2500 to 3500, SRW to SRW. There might be different valving in a DRW.. but it's the length you'll need to be concerned with.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Forgot the member but theres somebody on here that has about 12 to 15 leafs on a 1/2ton. Yes the ass was up lol