W/T grille swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lucan Catel

Reaction score
Howdy y’all, so I’ve seen lots of people swapping from the w/t front end to non w/t grilles. However, I’m looking to do just the opposite. There’s something about the w/t front end that just looks timeless to me. I’ve got a 98 gmc k1500 and was wondering what all would go into the swap or if anyone in here has done it before? Thanks for your help!

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been curios about this too, it looks so much better than the standard setup.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
You will need the headlights w/ buckets, grille (of course), parking lights, and side markers - IF you are swapping to a 94-98 W/T grille. 88-93 W/T grilles are mounted a little differently. Other than that, it's pretty much a direct swap.

Also, grab the pigtails from the headlights since they are a 3-prong connector.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It absolutely can be done, if you're adept at wiring. Along with the grill, lenses, buckets, adjusters and hold down spring, and two H6054 bulbs, you'll need some new headlight pigtails.
Delete the side marker bulb, and combine the headlight ground wires.
The turn signal sockets should plug right in.
The horn wires are unaffected as is the routing.

Last edited:

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn I may have to do this now lol

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just remember that while you are in there it is a great time to install Cadillac train horns and the sensor for the temp/compass mirror. Let us know how it comes out.

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
>Cadillac train horns

I'm happy with my 4 hella's