vortec L31 headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6789olds

Reaction score
I want to finish my exhaust . I got true duals from the cats back was noticeing that my stock manifolds look very restrictive and small y pipeing . i heard shortie headers dont give that much improvement on the LS motors but would a set be good on the L31 ? Also most shorties have 1.5 inch primaries i found a few with 1 5/8 pirmaries and 2.5 collector would the bigger primaries be better ? I will be up gradeing the y pipe also to a 2.5 inch with some new 2.5 cats , what cats would you guys recomend ? thanks.

71 cuda man

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most all aftermarket cats are free flowing.It doesn,t really matter which brand they're all basically the same.I just bought a walker with the y pipe for around $190. I was looking at a dynomax & found out walker owns dynomax,so they're the same product just ones cheaper cus of the name on the box

Hodges87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the MagnaFlow Direct-Fit Catalytic Converters made out of Stainless Steel. I'm very pleased with them and would recommend them to anyone looking to replace their Cats.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dont waste all that money on a stock 350. 2.5" headers are for 700 horsepower.

94 Silverado

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put Edelbrock shorty headers on my 94 and it was a whole lot of work for nothing. I knew the shorties wouldn't give me gains like long tubes but I didn't expect 0 gain. Maybe it would show up on a dyno but as far as I can tell I got nothing.