Vortec head swap potential

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Diego916

Reaction score
I have an 89 c1500 with the tbi 350 and I was wondering if anyone has a rough idea what kinda power I can make with it, with supporting mods such as longtube headers, edelbrock carb swap, summit k1103 cam and a high rise intake.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have an 89 c1500 with the tbi 350 and I was wondering if anyone has a rough idea what kinda power I can make with it, with supporting mods such as longtube headers, edelbrock carb swap, summit k1103 cam and a high rise intake.
Not as much as you want, and fair-to-middlin' chance of wrecking driveability, fuel economy, and/or emissions compliance. I'd be looking to upgrade to an OEM or OEM-style roller cam even if it meant picking up a different core engine to start with. You'd also need a different distributor, with centrifugal and vacuum advance.

Keeping the EGR? Vortec heads make that difficult.

Perhaps a moderator will move this thread to the LSX + Carb Swaps sub-forum.

98 Nitro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just replicate GM's 350/330hp engine. Should be 250hp at the tires. Vortec heads, 476 cam, long tube's, GM aluminum intake and Holley 600 carb.