Vortec cam in an lo5?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SouthBoston

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can you run a vortec roller cam in a tbi 350? If so does it do any good?

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
The Vortec cam is a roller cam so you will need a roller lifter set up. Either stock or aftermarket.

DGA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not sure if the TBI motors are fully machined for a roller, but CompCams sell a roller retrofit cams/kit that you might look into. Not exactly sure what it entails, but they are made to run in flat tappet motors.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I'm not sure if the TBI motors are fully machined for a roller, but CompCams sell a roller retrofit cams/kit that you might look into. Not exactly sure what it entails, but they are made to run in flat tappet motors.

Most TBI blocks are roller ready, but some are not.

http://www.compperformancegroupstor...roduct_Code=08-420-8&Category_Code=RLERCAMMAG
Would this cam work in my 92 5.7 lo5 with everything stock except for headers, ultimate tbi with spacer and open element air filter?

That one appears to be a little big to try and run without a tune.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I wish Comp would list specs on their page so I didn't have to try and look it up.

SouthBoston

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haha thanks in advance to anyone offering advice. This site has been a great place to expand my knowledge and help me tune up and bandage the old z71.