VHT Spray Can

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score
Anyone used VHT Rust Converter? From my reading it sounds like it is supposed to be similar to Ospho converting rust into a hard black non corrosive alloy. I’m thinking the spray can is easier for tight areas than trying to get Ospho on a brush into the nooks and crannies.

seems to have some decent reviews on Amazon

You must be registered for see images attach

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
VHT is for exhaust. You can get the regular rust converter for everything else.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Does any of this stuff actually work? If so I'm interested. Might slow down the body rust on my Suburban if I hit the back sides of the rockers.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I have used this stuff to touch up some areas on my 98's frame: https://www.duplicolor.com/product/rust-barrier/

Don't know if it's the same as that VHT stuff. But the Rust Barrier is ok, but not the best. I did try some of it on my 97's inner rear wheel wells, since they are pretty rusty, and a few months later, rust was starting to show again. So it's kind of a temporary fix.

RI Chevy guy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had good luck with Rust-Oleum rust reformer, seems to work if you get rid of anything loose. I also used a pre paint prep spray before spraying to get rid of any grease or silicates

cookseyb

Reaction score
Most all the converters are phosphoric acid of some type, Ospho has been around for along time and actually works well. I use it on nearly all bare metal as a protect-ant and on on rusty things to convert the rust to a primer. Works well on nearly all things metal.