Unusual find - super low miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JDGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The rear springs are bent from being on a hoist without supporting the rear axle.

Likeley 2000+ hours of idling.

Fuel tank likely gummed up.

Engine/Carb Sludge

Transmission Seals are likely brittle with oxidation on hard parts.

All gear-type components are gummed up.

Interior cushions/fabric would likely have absorbed quite a bit of water and shop stench.

Brake-related parts would need to be serviced.

With the current scenario, it should only be used as a parts vehicle. However, with a solid body, frame, and serviceable gm parts it certainly has value. The vehicle could be transplanted using a rusty donor/high mileage (cheap) with a vin.

Kens1990K2500

One Piece At A Time
Reaction score
Super low miles isn't necessarily a plus. And the condition appears to be less than a well cared for truck should be. I did pay 21K for a similar truck last year with 15K miles. But it was a fully loaded Silverado with only 2 minor issues. Original tires and sagging headliner. Have added class 3 hitch, Transmission cooler, and electric brakes. Now use it as my tow vehicle.
Nice tow rig. What year and model (i.e., K3500) is it?

Kens1990K2500

One Piece At A Time
Reaction score
This has been a really interesting thread, beyond just discussing value/price. After reading all these comments, I don't know what the owner was thinking when he decided to ask $25,000 (I'm kinda putting it as politely as I can, out of respect).

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
I'm sure he looked up past Barret Jackson auctions with super low mile GMT400's. But the history is much different than somebody who bought a 454SS and put it in a temp/humidity controlled bubble for 30 years.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my buddy did 2 of his cars there too, but recently told me that VT closed that option up, I haven't verified.
Yup, they closed the loophole. I was hoping to get Roscoe titled, but in the Vermont paperwork you had to certify that it was a running vehicle, which Roscoe very much isn't.

On the plus side, it looks like West Virginia might be opening up shop to take Vermont's place.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

tpass

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yup, they closed the loophole. I was hoping to get Roscoe titled, but in the Vermont paperwork you had to certify that it was a running vehicle, which Roscoe very much isn't.

On the plus side, it looks like West Virginia might be opening up shop to take Vermont's place.

Shoosh got mine just in time then.. my truck sat in my yard for at least a year because it wasn't a priority... glad i got of my ass and got it done earlier this year.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: