Unusual find - super low miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kens1990K2500

One Piece At A Time
Reaction score
Hmmm .... possibly damaged in transit from the factory...kids in votech tinkering with it over the years...possible issues with VIN/registerability (owner's claims notwithstanding) ... yeah, lots of reasons to pass on this truck, besides the pie-in-the-sky asking price.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My favorite was the Inifiniti Q45 that had been in 12" deep flood waters. The original Q45s always started out in 2nd gear unless you moved the shift lever down into low. Then it would blow the tires off. Want to guess how I know?

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I get offers for my 1989 GMC that seem to run 4k. The 25k asking is way too much. Maybe it if was fully restored but as it sits maybe 5/6k if everything is and works right and that’s because of the low miles

Chuck_13

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I was in small engines class in trade school in the late 70's,Kawasaki donated a cuople of small motorcycles.It's been so long ago I had forgotten all about em tell I read this post.The class instructor wouldn't let just any student even touch them,even me,tho I went on to be a 'Professional" Honda M/C tech fo the next 10 years.So maybe,just MAYBE,this truck led the same life?Even so,I wouldn't touch it due to the paperwork issues.That and it's just too rich for my blood.

Dutch1134

Reaction score
Hey all, I saw this GMT400 for sale on my way home from work. At first, I though the sign on the windshield that read 800 miles was a typo, until I read the printed info on the driver's window, describing the truck's unusual history. The paint is a bit dull, but the truck appears very clean, with very little rust. The truck appears to have a current registration and inspection.

I think the asking price of $25,000 is pretty steep, especially for a 2wd. Just curious what ya'll think it's worth. I'd say maybe $12,000. I'm always a bit leery of vehicles that sat, undriven, for many years, as that can cause issues with calipers seizing, rubber seals shrinking, etc.

I do think the quad headlights on this 1988 truck are pretty cool, though. Interestingly enough, this week, I also saw another 1988 truck with the quad headlights, when I stopped at my local Harbor Freight. That truck, however, was in fairly rough shape body-wise, and had around 150,000 miles.
Super low miles isn't necessarily a plus. And the condition appears to be less than a well cared for truck should be. I did pay 21K for a similar truck last year with 15K miles. But it was a fully loaded Silverado with only 2 minor issues. Original tires and sagging headliner. Have added class 3 hitch, Transmission cooler, and electric brakes. Now use it as my tow vehicle.

Attachments

• 1-33-73417.jpg
    1-33-73417.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 15
  • thumbnail_image2 - Copy.jpg
    thumbnail_image2 - Copy.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 2022-05-29 10.08.53.jpg
    2022-05-29 10.08.53.jpg
    537.4 KB · Views: 15
  • thumbnail_image3.jpg
    thumbnail_image3.jpg
    472.3 KB · Views: 15

tpass

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah the guy says "donated by GM" in one sentence then says "previous owner found truck" smells off.

Someone probably went to VT and got a registration. They allow anyone in any state to register vehicles 15 years and older(with a bill of sale). Thats where my 01 3500HD is currently registered. I saved it from the crusher without a title.

my buddy did 2 of his cars there too, but recently told me that VT closed that option up, I haven't verified.