Underhood Storage Box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
These would be a great suggestion for that thread (can’t remember where off the top of my head) for parts to 3D print and sell…
Yes, it'd be a complicated print, but I think it'd be worth it for someone who has experience with this to give it a good look. Particularly for the lids, since the little hinge tabs are prone to breakage if the lid doesn't get reinstalled carefully when it comes off. When I found the box for my Burb and the other one I sold, I actually found like 6 or 7 boxes in various conditions, 4 of them nice enough to buy. But only found 2 good lids.... This year, when I've been to the yards, I haven't seen a good lid at all, and only 1 box that wasn't cracked. Since they're on the left front corner, they get damaged just like the washer bottle does, from much of an impact.
If you didn't want the factory style lid, it probably wouldn't be hard to make a lid out of aluminum or steel; the tricky bit would be the edge since it's compound curves. The hinge could be replaced by a metal one (like a gate hinge or cabinet hinge) if the hinge tabs are broken. Just depends on how much fabbing you want to do....

AK 99

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
These would be a great suggestion for that thread (can’t remember where off the top of my head) for parts to 3D print and sell…

I know nothing about 3D printing so forgive my ignorance, but wouldn't that require a lot of time and material for each one? What would be an estimated cost for one, while still making it worthwhile to produce? I ask because here I have this nice factory box for sale, for what I believe is a very reasonable price, but there are no takers on it yet. Seems like it might be a few years too early to make reproductions worthwhile?

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I mainly meant 3d printing the lids, because they are prone to breakage on the hinge tabs. Eventually when the boxes are NLA in the yards, maybe the technology will allow for the whole thing to be made that way.
Yes you have a very good price on this; I sold the one I had for $75 shipping inclusive (that was $23).