Turn off Day time running lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jglasz

Reaction score
I have a 98 Chevy z71 (awesome shape btw) supposed to be able to hit the button beside the light switch 3 or 5 times to turn off DRLs. However, that does not work. It did on my last 98. Any help on this??

Btw, I am new to this page so hope this is correct way to post.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I've never read anything like that about disabling them via the button. I just pull fuse #16 in the dash side fuse panel.

Richard

slick96

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Parking brake 1 click down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jglasz

Reaction score
I've heard about the parking brake, but not sure if that's something I'd wanna do.... but might. As far as pulling the fuse, will that still leave all the lights fully operational as always? as in Low Beam / High Beam. I assume yes since you suggested it

Yes the Dome light overide button beside the headlights switch, on my last 98 you could push it in/out about 3 or 5 times and the DRLs would turn off. I think its in the truck manual also...
however won't do it on this one. I used it on the last one regularly

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I used to run my old '96 C3500 with the park brake 1 click down and it worked fine, until one day it decided the switch wasn't gapped (or closed? never looked at its orientation) quite enough, and started arcing and buzzing. I said to myself, F that, and pulled the fuse. Doing it right works better.

Richard

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
There is a silver block under the dash with fins on it, pull that out by bending the metal tabs, unplug it and no more DRL's.

Sent from my powered iPhone