Turbo 355 build questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96sierrass

Reaction score
Alright, so I wanna do something different with my truck and want to build a turboed 355 with a 150 shot of no2, doe anyone know of this being done before? I've got the opportunity to get my hands on a 71 mm turbo and I have an 010 casting number block already punched out .0030, my truck is a 96 two wheel drive Sierra, any advice would be appreciated!

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
355T isn't hard to do....but throwing a 150 shot on there might make ya wanna triple check your bottom end.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright, so I wanna do something different with my truck and want to build a turboed 355 with a 150 shot of no2, doe anyone know of this being done before? I've got the opportunity to get my hands on a 71 mm turbo and I have an 010 casting number block already punched out .0030, my truck is a 96 two wheel drive Sierra, any advice would be appreciated!

done before? sure, I'm working on building a twin turbo forged vortec 383, Lextech has a twin turbo 305 vortec. neither of us are/will running a NO2 shot though. what kind of setup are you planning with the turbo as far as boost levels, etc...you'll have alot of stuff to attend to. did you have any specific questions? MOBS is right that if you're mixing types of forced induction, you'll definitely want to make sure the bottom end is up for it. you'll also need to make significant upgrades to the top end too, mainly the fueling setup, as you'll need an intake manifold that is able to supply LOTS more fuel than the stock manifold can support.

96sierrass

Reaction score
I planned on runnin a full forged eagle rotating assembly, dart 2.02 1.60 aluminum heads, and 74 pound per hour injectors after I get rid of the csfi and go to the mpfi, and I was planning on running between 8-12 lbs of boost, I don't want anything to insane cause it needs to be half way street able. As for the intake, would it be possible to port it out a bit ,maybe gasket match it?

96sierrass

Reaction score
I was also wondering what I would have to do for an ignition system, right now I have the DUI kit with the 10 mm wires, screaming demon coil, dynamod module , and the DUI cap and rotor

Last edited:

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you wouldn't need to go forged rotating assembly for only 8-12psi. what intake were you looking at using?

96sierrass

Reaction score
Well thats a problem I'm running into, I'm not sure what to use, think I could port my stock intake a bit and make it work or no?

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no, the problem with a stock intake is the injectors are non-upgradable, so you're stuck with 19# injectors which isn't anywhere near enough for forced injection, let alone multiple types of forced injecton...you could look into a marine intake or something similar, but no matter what you get it'll require some fabrication.

96sierrass

Reaction score
Couldn't I get the mpfi conversion and be able to change injectors? Or am I gonna have to get a different intake