Tucking front wheels.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lost06

Reaction score
Before I start, I did search and didn't find anything relevant to my question.

I have a 96 GMC RCSB that is lowered 5-9. My problem is that the wheels are hitting the fenders on big dips and turning after trimming the fender lip WITHOUT an alignment. If I go get the alignment it will push the top of the tire out and get worse.

My ? is that I have seen a few trucks that are lower than mine (static drop) and their front wheels are tucked pretty good and good alignment (no negative camber?). What might have been done to these trucks to let them be able to turn and drive without destroying the fenders. I realize that a part of it is the offest of the wheels but is it fab work, control arms or what??? My wheels dont appear to have to drastic of a difference in offset from these other guys.

And the ones that I've seen are usually pics of other peoples trucks so asking the person posting the pic doesnt have the answers I need.

Thanks for any info...

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
i don't see how you could tuck front tires on a static drop and NOT have negative camber.. unless you had a 6 or 7 inch wide wheel.

i'm interested in hearing some info on this as well....

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
What kind spindles are you running? Belltech's push your wheels out about a half inch.. Also what size tires? Like posted above, pics would help!

DR CHOP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You have to get the right backspace on your wheels. An 8 inch wheel should have at least 5 inches of backside.

JJHUSSY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Backspacing, can't stress this enough. A little negative camber won't hurt anything within decent tolerances. My wheels tuck and have very little room when turning. Bumps while turning rub, I hate it, but its what we have to deal with if we want it to be low and have huge wheel combos hahaha.

Now, when you mean big dips are you referring to straight-line driving? That requires custom inner-fender wells. There are a few threads on here, and I am comtemplating building my own (can't wait, HATE RUBBING).

Reaction score
Get different rims...or bag it ;) usually you can tuck a lil bit of tire static, more with skinny rims.. but hard turns like from lock to lock at speed will scrub fender.. trim or rolling the lip helps for most, but wont for to sharp of or fast of turns