Trying to ID Electrical Connector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LA2SD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anybody know what this is supposed to connect to? I don't remember disconnecting it...

You must be registered for see images attach

L29Sub

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hood light? Check for hot blue wire and if hot, probably hood trouble light. If the blue wire is not hot, or ign switched, have to match color code.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at my 88 wiring diagrams and the only brown and light blue wire connector I can find is for the transfer case switch on a 4WD.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
It's "extra" - you don't have anything that is erroneously disconnected. 94's have the same connector. For some factory purpose unknown to me at the moment...I may have known in a former life but have forgotten since. :D (note date stamp on pic)

Richard

LA2SD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hood light? Check for hot blue wire and if hot, probably hood trouble light. If the blue wire is not hot, or ign switched, have to match color code.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

My hood light is hooked up, so I had ruled that out. I do need to get a new bulb for it though...

I'm looking at my 88 wiring diagrams and the only brown and light blue wire connector I can find is for the transfer case switch on a 4WD.

On my 93, the wires are blue and purple. But I didn't take the greatest pictures, so the purple does look kinda brown. 'Twas night when I took 'em

It's "extra" - you don't have anything that is erroneously disconnected. 94's have the same connector. For some factory purpose unknown to me at the moment...I may have known in a former life but have forgotten since. :D (note date stamp on pic)

Richard

Hmmm...that's weird...but hot damn, what a relief! I thought that I had forgotten something. Even looked all over for a matching connector. Nice to know this problem was solved 13 years ago lol. Makes me wonder if this was GM's idea of a hilarious prank...

Last edited:

98 Nitro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 94 had a tach wire but my gauge cluster had no tachometer so it just went unplugged I'm guessing that's what it is.