Truck will start and immediately die.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I went ahead and bypassed passkey and it seemed to fix the problem. now I know this really isn't the place to ask this but as far as getting a tune, would it be better to swap in a 411 with the correct tune, or just get a tuned black box? I have one I took out of an astrovan and I wouldn't even know where to start as far as getting it tuned correctly.

The 0411 is always going to be "better," as it's a newer PCM. The question is, is it going to be worth the effort to you to swap it into a relatively stock truck? The answer in my head always comes up as a no. I know there are plenty of people here who have put an 0411 in a stock truck and swear by it. Personally though, I'm not putting one in either of my trucks until I need one to run a 6.0L LQ4.

JeezLouiseGMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 0411 is always going to be "better," as it's a newer PCM. The question is, is it going to be worth the effort to you to swap it into a relatively stock truck? The answer in my head always comes up as a no. I know there are plenty of people here who have put an 0411 in a stock truck and swear by it. Personally though, I'm not putting one in either of my trucks until I need one to run a 6.0L LQ4.
i was thinking along similar lines but you never know. Thanks!