Truck will not start after heat soak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hxc93

Reaction score
My 95 has been giving me problems for the past year or so. When the engine is cold, it will fire right up and run fine. After I drive it, park it, and let it sit for 20-30 minutes and it heat soaks under the hood, it will not start back up. I know it is a fuel problem. The injectors spray very little fuel when this happens. I've watched the fuel pressure when this is happens. When the truck is running, I hold around 12psi. When it sits for about 30 minutes, it creeps up to around 17-18psi. When I crank it over, it drops back to 12psi. Usually, the truck will fire and run for about 5 seconds and stall. Then it won't fire at all until it cools back down. Fuel pressure never drops below 12 psi, but the injectors are barely spraying any fuel. Any ideas why it would be doing this?

I've cleaned and replaced all the gaskets in the throttle body and I've swapped different injectors in with no change at all.