Transmission Line Pinching Lower Radiator Hose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

emauthen

Reaction score
Hello

Recently got my first GMT400, a 94 stepside with a 5.7. Runs alright but going through first round of doing all the maintenance on it I noticed what I assume are the transmission cooler lines pinching the lower radiator hose down. Doesnt seem right to me. Is this expected or is there a mis-routed hose/line. The transmission line leaks at the fitting a small amount at the radiator so I am planning on having to get a new one soon as I think its just bad plastic end caps.

Attachments

• PXL_20211128_170129658.jpg
    PXL_20211128_170129658.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 24

BOOT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yah does look like it's crushing the hose a bit. Does it run hot or anything weird? The hose does have that sleeve to keep it from rubbing thru on the line or frame.

I'd prob leave it alone cause who knows how long it's been that way & fine. But if it really bugs yah then I'd grab it and bend it over some. Using one hand to support the side that I don't wanna bend closer to the radiator of course.

edit: Of course bending risk kinking the trans line fyi