Transmission Cooler?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gordinho80

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone ever take a transmission cooler off of one GMT400 and install it on another that did not have have a cooler already? I picked up a couple of parts from a 2500 this weekend, 1 was the factory transmission cooler. The lines were cut, so all I have is the cooler and the bracket.

Just wondering if anyone else has done this already, and if there are pics/details.

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
LMC sells those lines, but they're kinda pricey.

http://lmctruck.com/icatalog/cd/full.aspx?Page=112

When I bought mine from the junkyard, the lines had been cut about 3" from where the fittings go into the cooler. Since the cooler is ran off the low pressure return line, I simply split that line with a tubing cutter, then slid a piece of hydraulic line over the factory metal tubing and hose clamped it. Repeated this process for all 4 connections. Somewhat redneck but it worked. Just had to be careful to not crush the factory metal tubing.

Sorry but I don't have any pics to explain it better.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Basically what Volunteer said, They sell High pressure transmission hose at most parts stores. If you use the existing lines, be sure to put a flare on the ends to keep the hoses from blowing off. And I would recommend double clamping as well. It is low pressure, but it's still enough to blow off.