Trans Pan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Blue Ox

Reaction score
Just wondering what everybody's using and your thoughts! Got any pics?
I'm looking at an aftermarket pan and pretty much have it narrowed down to Hughes 2 extra QT pan! Don't want to be hacking up my tranny crossmember,want something with more capacity that will bolt right up!! Thanks in advance for your input!!!

4L60E 1996 C1500 RCSB. SS(Sport Side)

Last edited:

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Stock pan... Why do you want a deeper pan? If you need cooling you can add a cooler and gauge :shrug:

The Blue Ox

Reaction score
Stock pan... Why do you want a deeper pan? If you need cooling you can add a cooler and gauge :shrug:

Iv'e already got a cooler! I just want to run more capacity! I am running small Stall pushed behind a 383 with a small cam! Just want to try and salvage my tranny a little bit! (I've got some good parts in it,just want to make it last a little longer!!!)

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Derail is good if you don't off road and is a bit more affordable than most. They're stamped steel, but have cooling tubes that will pact up with mud off road. Adds about 2 quarts iirc.

Mag hytec is just plain good everywhere but they aren't exactly cheap. Made of aluminum and finned, hold 3 quart more iirc. Magnetic drain plug and temp sensor port also. Mag hytec is top notch stuff.

Good skid plates are a must if intending to off road with a deeper transmission pan. Not cheaply aluminum either, good thick steel plates.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
4L60E's started coming with deeper pans from factory, around 1997 I think - possibly mid-1997. Maybe boneyard a pan and check the filter, I can't remember how they reposition the filter lower in the pan - if it's got some kind of extension tube, or the filter itself is different.

Richard