Trailmaster tie-rod adjusting sleeves??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redchevy914x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the truck in my sig. 91 K1500 with a 4" trailmaster suspension lift. The lift kit comes with aftermarket center link and extended length tie rod adjusting sleeves. I went to do an alignment the other day and the pass side adjusting sleeve is seized onto both the inner and outer tie rod ends. Not too big of deal but looking for the replacemnt adjusting sleeve, I found out 4 wheel parts has bought Trailmaster. It will be up to 2 months until I can get replacements due to the fact they are transfering ownership. If I were to make my own adjusters, cant I use some threaded tubing with nuts on the tie rods that I can tighten to hold the alignment? It seems like it could be a better/stronger option anyways if I were to do it right. I just dont know what type of tubing would be best or if it is even feasable. I have a part number for the replacement adjusting sleeves but I dont want to wait 2 months until I can install them to align my truck. Any ideas would be great or if anyone knows what type of threaded tubing would be best to use for the home made option. Thanks.