Trailer upgrade build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

draginlow

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i just hopped on here and just posted in the new guy area.

i have a few project builds i am going to post on here and this one i am just about done with

i looked all over for a good used are trailer and it was a joke. for anything i would even trust to pull out of the guys yard they wanted $2,000 or more. i could not see paying that for a used trailer. a trailer is like a good truck. you only get rid of her when its about to brake ha ha.

so what i found is kaufman trailers is here local to NC and less then an HR drive. they build them here local and when i called the main factory and talked to them i found i can pick up a brand new paint still wet trailer for $2,700 cash with spare tire and all. so i got a new with a warranty trailer for $700 more then a old used trailer. kaufman builds a nice trailer and its heavy in all the rite places. this one has the rub rail down the side with state pockets, molded wiring harness, led lights, better tires.

i got it and used it with plans to mount my winch and other stuff on it. took about a year but here it is

right after i got it
You must be registered for see images attach

there is thew start of the build, its all build out of 11ga. i made it into the tong to use as much room that i could. the floor is flat with the bottom of the c-Chanel for as much ground room i could get.

got my 4,500lbs warn winch mounded on some 1/4" plate

i upgraded the jack to a drop leg 6,000lbs jack for more room and faster hood/unhooks. and i have the latch cut in and working on the lid

little body work

primed then blocked

painted with dupont imron

and here it's put together. its been a few months and i love it. only thing left is mount the spot lights i have and thats about it. i have 2 1,100cca battery's, wireless winch control, mounted a 2 amp tender to keep the battery's topped off.

i put a rain guard over the winch to try and keep the rain out

nice gas strut to keep the lid in place and helps keep it closed

i need to clean up the wiring and get the winch relay cover back on still

got a nice plug from a rv dealer local so i can just plug it in when i am not using it

love the jack. when i am towing its flush with the bottom of the tong.

all the straps and whatnot i carry

led lights

with everything packed in

thanks for looking:waytogo:

Bearcat91

CRASH
Reaction score
so ill be honest...didnt read your thread, dont need a trailer...but that blazer is fvcking **** man!!!! as us your gmt400 but dayum that blazer!!!

Bearcat91

CRASH
Reaction score
ok now i read it and thats a sweet trailor! i think having an onboard air source would be really cool too but looks cramped for room in there!

draginlow

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the tow rig has a 8 gal tank with compressor on it for the helper bags but i did think about mounting some tanks and a compressor under the deck. only problem is the amount of just the compressor would draw.

Jesse82nc

The Burb
Reaction score
Sweet trailer! I know what you mean about people selling something that is crap for too much. I was looking at some not long ago. Most of the ones I saw were like $1800-2200 and were rusted out completely. If I needed one bad enough, I would drive over to Kaufman

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
sweet trailer man that's exactly what im gona have in a couple years