Traded trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice looking truck!
After reading the PDF and looking at wheel specs i have a headache.
From what i can tell it looks like the wheels i want will sit out just a little more than stock like i would like? I think around 1in?
  • Not Vehicle Specific
  • Size: 16 x 8
  • Bolt Pattern: 8 on 6.5
  • Finish: Polished
  • Offset: 2
  • Backspace: 4.5

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is the wheel i think i want. Procomp series 69. It says offset 2, backspace 4.5 ? really kinda unsure what that means.
You must be registered for see images attach
Offset is easy-if you look at the wheel profile then the centre of the wheel where it touches hub is either pushed more to the "face"of the wheel-then the offset is +-in your case 2 meaning 20 mm from the centreline. Backspace 4.5 is the amount of wheel that goes from the same hub touching surface to the inside rim.
In general positive offset wheels are"shallow"and negative are "deep" in appearance. To get the idea what the weheel will look like and if it's gonna stick out or sit flush/deep in you take the width and offset into account I attach the picture-it shows exactly what it is. Bacspace is measured in inches so 4.5 is 4.5 inch. Hope that helps

Attachments

• Capture+_2021-11-09-02-52-44.png
    Capture+_2021-11-09-02-52-44.png
    443.8 KB · Views: 9

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice. Thanks guys. Does open up possibilities.
Guess my next question would be What size rear spacers should i look for 1.75?
Also what would be a recommended off set. 0 or a small amount -?
As to this question-I don't think u gonna need spacers-as generaly chevy original wheels are usualy +30 offset-if they are 8 inch wide(can't remember if that's the case) that means that backspace is over 5 inches(on original wheel). On procoms you have 4.5-meaning you won't even get to original backspace.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is what I use to check wheel diameter-to see how much will it differ from the original and if it will fit. I run 265/70/17 in my tahoe(z71) which is not far off 285/75/16-my wheels are 9" wide 0 offset-the only rubbing issue I had was with the front mudflaps(or rather the only one that was left on the truck when I bought it)so I took it out-and now it has equal amount of mudflapson all 4 corners-0 on each lol

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess i get what the measurements mean. I think the problem is i can't visualize it, if that makes sense.
Couple more weeks and ill be heading to the tire shop and im sure they can get it figured out to something i like.
Almost anything will beat what i have now.

Attachments

• IMG_20211031_105719025_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211031_105719025_HDR.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20211031_105707579_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211031_105707579_HDR.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 5

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
I was the same way, still am. For some reason I just can't remember positive and negative offset. I just look it up everytime I need to! Don't buy wheels very often at all.
'Begin Rant'

Positive Offset is when the tires stay under the truck and don't splash mud on the mirrors. That's Good.

So Positive Offset is Good.

Negative Offset is where the tires stick out, splash the mirrors, hit the fenders like they're mad at them and people want to buy drugs from you every time you stop. That's Bad.

So Negative Offset is Bad.

Now take the word Offset out of your dictionary, burn it in the back yard, and bury the ashes. Forget you ever heard that word.

Back Space can be measured. Rim Width can be measured.

Offset has to be calculated from Rim Width and Back Space.
If you have Back Space and Rim Width you have already described the wheel. What do we need Offset for?

'End of Rant'

We now return you to your regularly scheduled forum reading. :biggrin:

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
P
I guess i get what the measurements mean. I think the problem is i can't visualize it, if that makes sense.
Couple more weeks and ill be heading to the tire shop and im sure they can get it figured out to something i like.
Almost anything will beat what i have

Almost anything will beat what i have now.
Put the current tyre size in the calculator I sent you. See what the wheel diameter is. Now put wanted tyre size in. See what the diameter is. If they're close to each other you can go on and put the tyre. Going from current 31 offset to 20 offset should not be a problem(providing procomp is not 10" or more wide) but new wheels may stick out a bit. But you have flares at the front so they shouldn't stick out too much. This is how it looks on mine-9 inch width-0 offset remember-the passenger side has always stuck out more for some reason-gotta look into toe alignement.

Attachments

• IMG_20200616_212331~2.jpg
    IMG_20200616_212331~2.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20200616_213020~2.jpg
    IMG_20200616_213020~2.jpg
    316.4 KB · Views: 8

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good looking trucks guys!
Ill be going with after market wheels. The stock wheels aren't doing it for me.
I sure do thank you guys for the help but i think i need to just go to the tire shop.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok wheels and tires are about a month away so let's drop that for now.
I need to take care a intermittent extended crank problem. The plan is to pretty much replace the fuel system.
So far i have changed the FPR and engine temp sensor, fuel filter. Changing the FPR did make a differance for sure, but the problem is still there so i have ordered a new fuel pump and Bosch fiveo fuel injectors that will be here this week.
The fuel pump is a PITA but straight forward. The injectors seem easy enough, but there is one bolt holding the rail down behind the upper intake below the distributor.
Some vids(very few actually)show the distributor removed and some don't so can this be done without removing it?
I can get it done for sure but anyone have any tips that has done this?