Traded trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
You can pickup used factory 8 lug aluminum wheels pretty cheap , I'm running 285/75/16 on my burb with a slight crank. They have always been one of my favorite factory wheels, I'm a little biased though.
You must be registered for see images attach
I think one thing a lot of people don't like about PY0s is they're a little narrow for some tastes. 6 1/2" IIRC, I have a set but they're not where I live, they're in the shop building at another location. They're a great looking wheel on the 400s, and they are capable of the load a 2500/3500 srw can handle. The ones I have came off an 800 Burb; the guy towed and wanted different tires and wheels. I was trying to sell them, but it looks like I'll get a truck they fit before that happens..... hopefully after the first of the year some personal things will be settled and I can see about a pickup. I already missed out on a couple decent ones in our area cause the $$$ wasn't there yet.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gonna be a busy Friday/Saturday for me.
Got my new fuel pump, injectors, plugs, wires today. Supposed to rain so that will make it all the funner.
Since it appears i will need to remove the dizzy if the cam gear looks worn at all ill get a new distributor also. I was a little hesitant to take the distributor out because of the relearn procedure needed after, but i found out one of my buddies has a scanner that will do it. So im all set.
This should be the last of the mechanic work for now. If not for the extended crank problem this truck runs great!

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Yes, 6.5 inches wide, they are narrow, keeps the load center over the bearings if I had guess.
Sounds about right. Also, 20+ years ago when they were designed, there weren't as many options for LT tires. The Burb I was gonna use them on had the narrow pizza cutter steelies, so that wouldn't have been a problem.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the injectors changed and man what a improvement! I thought it was running good before but now what a differance. Drove it around for about 10 miles and if anyone is on the fence about doing it, Just do it!.
Took me about 4 hours start to finish and the distributor does not need to be removed. Just need a 3/8in swivel socket.
Someone had replaced at least 1 injector before as one of the clips is broken and wire tied on. Probably from a junkyard as there were no new ones.
Ill drive it the next few days and see if the extended crank problem is gone(hope so) If it continues to start with just a touch of the key ill return the pump.

New problem. Last night the truck was working fine drove home as usual no problem after work.
This morning i had a errand to run before i changed injectors and my truck has started shifting hard between 1-2 under light part throttle. 1/2 throttle and floored shifts fine.
Need to research this and end up taking it to a transmission shop :frown:

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So got to looking at my suburban after letting it sit for the last few days and it turns out the transmission hard 1-2 shift was just low on fluid.
Hope it's not hurt any. About 3 weeks ago i changed the filter and when i refilled it i left it about 3/4 quart low.
No idea how that happened. Trans was cold and i ran it around the block when done and it checked good at the cold low mark. So mystery.
Seems to be shifting fine and operating as it should
Oh, and took it hunting this morning and man it is running great. New injectors, JUST DO IT!
Next weekend. Changing both diff fluid and the transfer case fluid.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is what i went with for Wheels/Tires.
ProComp series 69.
16x8
4.5 back spacing
0 offset

Firestone Destination X/t
LT265/75/R16
Should look and perform pretty good for the type of daily driver and weekend off road stuff i do.

Attachments

• wheel_prc_69_silver_polished_na_8_20_z.jpg
    wheel_prc_69_silver_polished_na_8_20_z.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 1
  • firestone-destination-x-t.jpg
    firestone-destination-x-t.jpg
    271 KB · Views: 1

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So just a lil update and to keep my truck thread up to date.
Man ordering wheels and tires right now has been a bitc* with this Covid BS. Everyplace i tried to get them from said sure we will sell you a set but we need to order them.
Ok do it then. After a week or two they would call and say sorry we can't get the rims, dam*it!
So anyway i replaced the upper control arms and needed to get a alignment after. So anyway im at one of the alignment/tire shops(Less schwab) and they had what i wanted in a different brand(Ultra) in stock at a different store but it was guaranteed he could get them. I said DO IT! Now im still waiting for new wheels and tires but hopefully this time ill have them next week.
Wheels are not exactly the same though. The tire salesman said they will "poke" slightly more than the stock setup.
Ultra 164
16x8, 8x6.5
4.75 backspace
+12 offset
One other thing i notice is with two front/rear heaters the truck takes forever to warm up to temp. Yes i do have a new 195deg thermostat.
Also, the next 2 projects i wanna do is
1: fix the driver's side ABS sensor as the wire is broken
2: I want to find a outside visor. Anyone close by have one they want to get rid of?

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So here i go with the stereo stuff again.
I did keep the amp and powered under seat sub out of the truck i traded.
I plan on putting 2 Pioneer 6X9 coaxial speakers in the rear where the 4x10? speakers are located and 6-1/2 component speakers in the front doors.
The two rear passenger doors also have speakers but i do not plan on putting any in there unless that's a bad idea? Any input about that?
Now that i have a little experience with stereos i realize the one i had in the truck i traded did not seam to have enough mid range sound for me so im looking at these
Any thoughts about them?