Tow Mirror Wiring / Sorry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigred81

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m sure this is an annoying topic. I’ve seen a bunch of threads on it. With that being said I’ve searched here and online for my answer for over 2 hours.
I got some Tow mirrors off local classifieds. They are power with defrost, Led Backup, blinkers and of course adjustable. Now the extras such as back up, blinker I can find ample info. But the 4 pin harness on the towing mirrors from Boost obviously won’t plug in to my stock 8 pin harness. I’d like to solder my stock 8 pin harness to the boost mirrors which should take care of defrost, up, down, side to side. I can’t find a decent wiring diagram of the boost wires and my stock 8 wires. Any ideas? first pic is boost tow mirrors, second pic is stick wiring harness

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Maroon96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey, I think I'm the one you got those from. I'm Chris. I know you said you found info for the signal and stuff, but here's a little more just for future reference.
I just put the same mirrors on not to long ago. The easiest way to find the turn signal wires is by pulling of the lower/knee panel and little metal piece behind it. Then you have plenty of room to check wires. The left turn signal should be a light blue wire and the right one a dark blue wire. For the rear facing lights, I plugged a female quick connect terminal into one of the pins in the under dash convenience center. It is next to the door chimer and only has power in reverse. I got the high output lights in the mirrors and led's in the taillights. It makes a huge difference and is definitely worth the money.

Here's where I connected the defrost since it wasn't part of my mirror harness. If I remember the mirror wiring right, they were the two black with white stripe per mirror. It doesn't matter which is ground or power.
I pulled the hvac controls and wire from a suburban to put in my truck just a little while ago. I may or may not have put pictures in my build thread. Can't remember for sure.

If you already have a rear defrost window, it will be a purple wire. The easiest place to find it is under the dash in the top right of the convenience center, where it then runs down under the drivers door sill to the back. Check this thread for diagrams https://www.gmt400.com/threads/wire-harness-schematitic.30158/.

More info in this thread: https://www.dieselplace.com/threads...h-blinkers-reverse-lights-and-defrost.958874/

Someone in this thread has your same plug. Looked through it just a little bit and didn't see any more info, but it's a pretty long thread.
The regular power mirror is a 4 pin plug, power heated is ?, and the power, heat, and auto dimming is an 8 pin plug.

I'm running power heated replacement mirrors on my suburban since I can't find a set of power heated autodimming. The replacements came with a 8 pin block with 2 empty spots and plugged right in.

The autodimming is a feature of the glass, I believe it's called electrochromatic glass and is controlled by your autodimming rearview mirror.

Do your current mirrors still dim?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Maroon96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
From Boost Auto regarding mirror wires:

Green - Horizontal Movement
Red - Horizontal Movement
Yellow - Vertical Movement
Purple - Vertical Movement
Orange - Running Lights
White - Reverse Light
Blue - Turn Signal
Black - Ground

They didn't give me any info on the 8 pin plugs or where they might be obtained. If you could find some though, it should be simple enough to depin/repin.

Bigred81

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool thanks. I can repin with no problem. I have power to correct wires all the way to the motor. But motor is did. Not sure where this motor gets it’s ground. I’m assuming it’s through one of the pass through mounting screws. I’m going to operate on motor later on. Everything works but mirror adjustment motor. Thanks again.