Wire harness schematitic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Octane Art

Reaction score
Hi All,

First post on the forum. I decided to join because everything thing that I looked up via google that had any merit to it seem ed to come back to this forum. I am in the process of build a 95 3500 crew cab and am doing some upgrades. It originally was a SL package and didn't have power windows and locks, So I bought a 97 suburban and swapped the doors and the front clip. Changing the interior over to grey.

My question is this. I have pulled the wire harness out of the suburban that contains the power windows locks mirrors door speakers and amplifier and the keyless entry module. I am hoping to marry it into the 95. There are 5 wires that plug into the power distribution center. see the attached pic
You must be registered for see images attach
I have traced the two orange one is the power for the locks the other is for the windows. black is mutual ground. the yellow wire and the the black wire with the white stripe I cant figure out what they are for. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Greg

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is going into the Convenience Center under the dash, right? Here's the diagram from a 1998...

If so, then your photo *looks* like cavities D1-D6 which is connector #C210 on a 1998 model. On this, the black/white is circuit 1695 for the 4WD indicator and the yellow is circuit 343 for the power windows. It looks like your connector is missing circuit 1576 (to cavity D5) for the rear window release switch...maybe your donor Suburban had barn doors?

There may be slight differences between a 1998 and 1997, I really couldn't say, but maybe this will help.

Connector C210

Octane Art

Reaction score
You are my Hero! That clears up just about every question I had The only thing that would make it better is a diagram of the 95 convenience center like the one you provided. but I will take and back trace those with the volt meter from the fuse box to the center. Thanks you again for the quick response and the awesome explanation. I have been searching for this info for about a month now. this forum has lived up to its reputation.
Thanks again
Greg

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The wiring diagrams for your 95 would be available at www.alldatadiy.com (which is where I got the ones for my 98) for about $30/yr subscription. You can also order copies of the service manual from Helm.

http://www.helminc.com/helm/Result....5&Category=1&Keyword=&Module=&selected_media=

This site looks to have a version of the manuals, might be worth looking through. The setup looks similar to alldata, just a bit harder to navigate. Go to

http://workshop-manuals.com/chevrol.../application_and_id/i/p_fuse_block/page_8122/

to get to the Convenience Center diagram. The link to page 8123 looks like the identifying table. No guarantee that it's correct for your model, but maybe it'll help. I copied the images below in case the link doesn't work...

Last edited:

Octane Art

Reaction score
Thanks you again for all of your help just checked out the alldatadyi.com and am going top subscribe $44.95 for 5 year access to my vehicle. You cant beat that .

95sierra2500

Reaction score
apparently autozone will give you access to all the schematics for free as long as you make an account

MTOJosh

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I just replaced my dashboard on my 1998 K1500. After getting the main harness connected to the convenience center I have been looking forever to figure out where this connector goes. I have a few random wires now that don't seem to have a home anymore.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
The red wire doesn't have a connector, that's the fuel pump test lead. The five pin goes to your rear lighting. Plug for it is probably hiding under the brake booster. The brown one is not familiar to me.