TOTM Suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Well, as the first month of TOTM is well underway, the voting stage should be here soon. I figured I would start a thread with some ideas and see what people think, so we can get this worked out as best we can. So far we have:

-Members can PM other members and request to nominate that person's truck if it hasn't been submitted already. This is for guys who have nice trucks, but don't feel like submitting it themselves, you can ask to do it for them. If they don't want you to, then don't do it.

-There is a "waiting period" if you have won a previous month. However, how long should this be? I've heard suggestions from 6 months to 1 year. So if you've won a month in that amount of time, you can't submit yours again, this way we get new winners instead of the same people over and over.

-Another suggestion was that we have a first week of "Submissions", then a second week to narrow those down to 5 or 6 trucks, to make voting easier, then finally a week of voting.

-Last, do you all think we would get enough trucks if we split it into categories? It could be something like: Lifted-Lowered-Stock. That way, a fully modded truck isn't competing with a clean, but bone-stock truck. Each take their fair share of work, but are tough to compare.

Well, those are the suggestions I've heard so far. Let me know what you think, and if you have any others, feel free to throw them out here.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
-There is a "waiting period" if you have won a previous month. However, how long should this be? I've heard suggestions from 6 months to 1 year. So if you've won a month in that amount of time, you can't submit yours again, this way we get new winners instead of the same people over and over.

A year would be nice it almost be like a forum calender but a year in forum time is a while so I propose 6 months to keep it simple

-Another suggestion was that we have a first week of "Submissions", then a second week to narrow those down to 5 or 6 trucks, to make voting easier, then finally a week of voting.

I like this but it leaves us with only 3 weeks, maybe take submissions till the 15th of each month then narrow the options and vote the last week of the month. Also what would be the best way to narrow those submissions, just a large pole with the top 5 or 6 continuing on?

-Last, do you all think we would get enough trucks if we split it into categories? It could be something like: Lifted-Lowered-Stock. That way, a fully modded truck isn't competing with a clean, but bone-stock truck. Each take their fair share of work, but are tough to compare.

I don't think we have the member base yet, if we were half the size of one of the larger sites like GMFS or FSC maybe but I think we would have to thin of a application field, not to mention it would be cluttered IMO

Well, those are the suggestions I've heard so far. Let me know what you think, and if you have any others, feel free to throw them out here.

Those are my thoughts, if this becomes a regular thing maybe we could feature it on a Home Page instead of the site automatically redirecting to the Forum page and also make a TOTM forum.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like the 6 month time period for winner's, and I do like the lifted vs. lowered seperate catergories.

Reaction score
I like the 6 month time period for winner's, and I do like the lifted vs. lowered seperate catergories.

I have to agree with Draggin95.. trucks like ours cant compete against a freshly painted jewel. We have the people.180+ members and going :deal:

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the only issue with 6 months vs 12 is that if you decide to do a calendar, you can in theory have 6 trucks twice.

lifted and lowered is a good idea, but youd have to do a stock one too because a clean as hell stock z71 would have a hard time fighting it out for votes with a 10"SAS or a slammed, bagged, channeled masterpiece done with complete fg and HOK custom paint. It takes the same amount of love, and deserves its time to shine, but doesnt fit in either category. Also, when does stock no longer count as stock? New deck? Maybe a full sound system? It gets hard to judge where stock ends and modified starts. The car shows around here do stock mild and wild. Even then its hard as hell to place vehicles in the right category.

1990GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
whole thing may have been a mistake,,there really jus too much differences and opinions as far as trucks go,,even in the entry thread theres not a whole lot of entrees

ive just got wierd views tward this,,nuthing against anyone

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like the stock class too, I would say keep that for the exterior though, if it look's stock then it fit's, regardless of what's been done inside.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
whole thing may have been a mistake,,there really jus too much differences and opinions as far as trucks go,,even in the entry thread theres not a whole lot of entrees

ive just got wierd views tward this,,nuthing against anyone

Yeah but different opinions are what make things exciting, if everybody thought the same how boring would that be.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like the stock class too, I would say keep that for the exterior though, if it look's stock then it fit's, regardless of what's been done inside.

im not trying to pick an argument, just pointing out the difficulty with a stock class:
Completely stock out side, pop the hood and there is a twin turbo LS3 with meth injection completely chromed out and not a single wire or hose in sight. Or someone does a complete custom interior in their tahoe with a 52" plasma, wet bar, and salt water tropical fish tank. These are obviously not stock, but by the time you lay out enough rules to keep the stock trucks, it is no longer worth it.

While I like different classes, i would say just do truck of the month and see what happens. I start LSOTM on the lincoln site and stock cars cleaned house if they were clean enough.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
the only issue with 6 months vs 12 is that if you decide to do a calendar, you can in theory have 6 trucks twice.

lifted and lowered is a good idea, but youd have to do a stock one too because a clean as hell stock z71 would have a hard time fighting it out for votes with a 10"SAS or a slammed, bagged, channeled masterpiece done with complete fg and HOK custom paint. It takes the same amount of love, and deserves its time to shine, but doesnt fit in either category. Also, when does stock no longer count as stock? New deck? Maybe a full sound system? It gets hard to judge where stock ends and modified starts. The car shows around here do stock mild and wild. Even then its hard as hell to place vehicles in the right category.

What if we did this? A stock TOTM and modified TOTM, if your suspension is +-4 inches and/or you have more than $350 in audio than you fall in the Modified category :shrug: Obviously if you prefer lifted trucks you'll tend to vote in that direction but I feel that we should as a whole be able to break the truck down to what took the most work and creativity.